Pages

mijn maatje

mijn maatje

boototter

boototter
on a spot in the neighborhood

Thursday, September 16, 2010

@home, a bit forced

It just was one of those days. I can't imagine but one of you guys knowing how it is, feeling your legs amputated on waking up. Visibly attachted to your body of course, and still an awareness that they really are. Enough to make a walk to the bathroom and right back into bed. After a bit more sleep, I felt that I should try the walk to the bakery anyhow. Next to it the Netto market would be open, and with a shopping list for beer, juice and cocoa milk (better not try and remember on a day like this) there were some incentives to go out.
I even managed to pass some intriguing streets a bit further into town. Further from the harbour that is, because the outskirts of town came dangerously close this time. It Is Small Town here... Søndergade makes the dream of cosy Denmark come true... Didn't bring my camera today, so that will have to wait.
Back home, I felt the walk wore me out, and it was visible. M. this time forced me to take another nap after breakfast. Though the weather was perfect, photogenic clouds, I was eager to give in. Yesterday's and today's orientations might have to wait for another moment.During breakfast we found the way enriching ourselves to afford tableware we already were long looking for. If we now refrained from further books and the digital radio Martin longed for, we would almost get them for free :)  A call to the Inspiration shop we were yesterday, confirmed I could order and get the cutlery in time. So, we will have to go there Wednesday to pick things up, and then, finally...  I already started clearing out the buffet where the would be stored, so better not leave those sets in DK this time.

A nice nap later it was time for cooking. Tomato sauce is a time consuming thing. Furthermore, it is the one thing where I really appreciate electric stoves. Simmering for at least three hours is so easy to regulate..
During cooking I always allow myself two beers, in this case two bears.. This turned out to be a big, pleasant surprise. This beer was def brewed with me in mind..

Tired after dinner once again, but no problem. Food was good, salmon, organic ravioli and then that sauce. Loads of pans and dishes to wash up, but there the luxury inventory does what you rent it for.
I'll just read a bit and get an early sleep.

No comments: