Pages

mijn maatje

mijn maatje

boototter

boototter
on a spot in the neighborhood

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rain, sun, storm, rain...




As for the weather, today was a strange day.
When I went out to the bakery: the railway track, the bridge of Fribrødre Å, along the former railway yard, the Harbour Square to the paper and glass containers, up the main road etc etc.. it started with a slight drizzle, that soon stopped. My leather jacket was dry by the time I entered the shop.

On the way back, buying the paper and a tv-guide (in Denmark all with as little programme information as possible, but filled with royalty, celebrities and gossip) everything was wet still of course. But the river looked streaming strongly; the soil looked soaked and once home Martin really pitied me for getting all that over me. I was amazed, but a couple of hundred meters behind me, the other side of the river, there must have been some reattempting Noah's flood.
Gray and not very promising it looked, but during breakfast the sky broke with a very careful bluish spot, some more of them, real sunshine within 15 minutes.


 That asked for a change of plans, instead of the trip to Vordingborg in search of an ergonomic keyboard, I thought riding the island's part of the Marguerite Route, leading from Stubbekøbing eastward, and then along the Baltic Sea coast to Nykøbing.
Brought all cams, but did not make any picture or video yet. During the right we considered this an orientation, and the next day of acceptable weather we'll do the nearest part, at least to the point where the route leaves the eastcoast direction Nykøbing. Beautiful views on the Baltic. There was a construction on houses we never saw before. Instead of straw roofs, they are quite common, there were many houses in two villages with straw walls as well. We now know where to shoot..

Once in Nykøbing, why not check out the other white- and brownware store and look for that keyboard?
They did not have of course, too specialistic. Might need to get up to Frederiksberg (a town surrounded by Copenhagen) to find one. A bit too far, must check for an online store delivering in Amsterdam or wait until a next short holidays in Copenhagen. For M., needing straight layout, one was easily found.

Nykøbing as the largest city in the wide area of course has some good stores. Among them two bookstores and two kitchen-/tableware stores. Both extremely dangerous.
Bookstore #1 sold only one book each of the writers I wanted to complete. I only bought one book of Wasmo, and another from another Norwegian author M. favours. Bookstore #2 had the full trilogy of Jacob Ejersbo in stock. Hurray, until I started to count. Books in Denmark have a high starting price, and then 25% VAT. That makes just over € 40 per book.. and I already bough Peter Hoeg's new release..



 The second kitchen store brought relief in forgetting about them. The did not stock the cutlery we needed, nor could they order them quickly enough. They however had those santoku knives I grew fond of right from start , and in a superior quality as well. The Carat series come in a black painted bamboo protection box with a magnet to keep it in spot. I didn't know this design yet, because it was only released last year. Raadvad is practically unknown in the Netherlands, but I had seen some designs by Mads Odgård before. An uncommon handle, but it gives perfect grip. Much to my surprise there was a rebate on it, that way it ended up cheaper than a book...

No comments: