At last it started, more by accident than by hearing I discovered.
Sitting next to that open door, I didn't hear a thing. Stepped out to see if there was anything to discover and felt a soft drizzle... The radar's red indeed was hanging over our heads..
Soon we would need to attach ourselves to the car (the road is somewhat higher level than the house) not to flush into the pond... Though I stayed up during the first of the red clouds, it never even got to the level of hard rain. #1 drifted off direction Sweden, and #2 could hardly have been worse.
This morning the deck was wet of course, but nothing more. Some spider webs were gone . There was an outbreak of mushrooms large and small all over the lawn around the house. Tough to walk and not step on one. But Hildegard Knef's song "if that's all there is..." kept on humming through my head.
Before walking to the cooperative for bread and veggies I drank my coffee, remembered to check out on Fribrødre Å, the local 'river' I cross every day walking from Kongsnæs (this side) to Stubbekøbing town (the west side of the railway bridge). So far, the railway's history interested me more, but the name of the river is quite intriguing, so different from usual naming. I did not yet read all 11 pages of Google finds... The most important are of the archeological finds, the nature reserve it now is, aso. aso.. The nature reserve leads to a 59 page pdf describing what crop may be planted in the area, what trees and bushes are allowed within what distance of the river's borders. Even the way crop is to be sowed in is described... You look with other eyes to a simple stream of water once you read it all...
![]() |
| Fribrødre Å where it mounds into the Grønsund |
station got boatyards and a machine factory built on it. It appeared the wharf was not the first, already in Viking times there were. You imagine how my walk changed this morning, loaded with all that knowledge.
I promised you some more on the town hall, but this morning I wanted some more than just grey sky on my pictures. I didn't bring the cam, but I might take a walk now. When back to make breakfast the grey started breaking; rapidly the sky turned into a solid blue with borders of friendly clouds. That demanded for a longer walk along the coast line. Not exactly to where I would have liked to get. M's condition is worse than I expected, the first trail back to the main road was def his'. I could have, and would have liked to walk a bit further on, but the energy left permits me to use the weather and make those pics.
Nice blue sky for a background, the fleece sweater I was way overdone.. Back to the deck, fry myself before I do so with the onions...

No comments:
Post a Comment