Never before I had them right in my backyard, and I love watching them. This is one of the first pictures; I at last can upload them. But the weather today was about the same. DMI again reconsidered it's plans a gave us something else than promised.
The wind and rain were welcome, for I knew that today I would spend most of my day cooking.
Tonight New Year starts, and I wanted to make it festive with gefillte fish. That's a lot of chopping lads, and there is no food processor here..
Anyway, the clouds were not there in the amount promised, so I had to work in a well warmed up kitchen. Only when writing this, just before dinner, it got cool enough to wear a t-shirt.
During dinner the wind was getting stronger, and if it is the same temperature as earlier today, that won't be a nice one for a stroll. There now are some different layers of clouds. I suppose it would be so, for DMI's weatherchart for tomorrow announced they were to make it a sunny day. Just think of a car rental that will give you a huge SUV when you order something small to go and park into town center, and a mini when you want a long comfortable trip with a load of luggage. They would not last as long as DMI does (and imho they are worse than their foreign colleagues) delivering not what they promised.
But the wind does nice tricks for the coots. They were still dancing on top of the waves that now form in the pond, and I assume that they might still be. But darkness is falling rapidly now, and I have no intentions getting outside and a bit nearer to track them. Instead I just lit the wood burner, prepare some time consuming things for tomorrow's dinner and will get some quiet evening with a book.
Shanah tovah tikatevu, a good and sweet year to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment