Pages

mijn maatje

mijn maatje

boototter

boototter
on a spot in the neighborhood

Monday, September 6, 2010

A nice, lazy Monday...

Waking up this early in the morning is something I should not do that often. At 6:00 am, just before sunrise, my life started for the day. That is pretty unusual, but seeing the clouds slowly turning orange was a happy start. Tripod, videocam, camera quickly prepared, I knew this might become the sunrise of vacation time. With reason. It simply was beautiful to see and hear (the birds too were aware of the phenomenon) the world coming to live again.   Recording all of it of course went wrong. The videocam I never before managed to pan that smoothly, the view on mum coot taking care of two youngsters but mostly and much longer of herself was humorous. But of course I forgot to press the right button twice, so it was all in standby. There of course was no repeat. 10 minutes later mum was still working on her make-up, but the kids were gone playing elsewhere.
Only later the afternoon I would again see them, reading newspapers on a sun lit terrace.

The images from the photo camera would stay on until a solution could be found of course, so here's the first try on landscape pictures by webcam. That's fun, closing the lid that much the rising sun won't reflect in it, so far down only that it still should take some image that depicts the object intended. Yes, that wet deck still was cold from the night. And it was not fun lying down on it trying to check the screen.

Some of the video images I shot after discovering my mistake will be usable though. Alas that will have to wait until back home, the only notebook with firewire must have made it to the recycling by now. Still, that is not important now. It's time for fresh rolls, one of the wonderful things of Denmark. The bakery I discovered  on yesterday's afternoon stroll (the rolls in the morning were bought at the bakery of the cooperative) will get the chance to prove himself this morning....
.... It was a nice walk. Sunny, chilly a bit still, some wind only. Yesterday I searched and found paper and glass containers at the harbour, so I did not have to leave with an empty backpack. There was activity indeed along the road. People working in small factories' yards, fishermen unloading, some shops already opened. Denmark starts working early in the morning in general, and here is no exception. But, I should have checked, the bakery has it's closing day on Mondays, so after all it were the coop bakers that should supply. Their bake-off rolls were good, the ciabatta were too salty, too much risen and airy. Tomorrow another chance.

After a good breakfast  we decided to get some sleep again. After all it was an early wake, M. woke up even a bit earlier just like his usual rhythm..  I woke up again some nice hours later, and after a shower I went out to fry myself in the sun on the backyard deck. Coots playing, libels (there are mainly blue and red ones around) playing too or chasing after invisible prey. And my idea about the main road were true. Some cars must have been driven direction nowhere, some came from there into town. In other words, it was nearly as silent outside as it was yesterday. More even because the weekend visitors were all gone, the restaurant at the end of the gravel road closed. I was glad the sun started turning around the house, so I had to move. I tried the side deck butt there was some more wind now. Better to get inside anyway, or I would have my first sunburn of the year. September :-D

Already I cleaned the wood burner and prepared it for tonight, now it's time to go and prepare dinner. All windows open, it's nice to hear some birds while cooking. And then today the cattails in the pond and the birch leaves rustling. It is windy (and a cold one) compared to yesterday and earlier today. Tomorrow's forecast is about the same...  I better not forget to use some sun protector.

No comments: