Pages

mijn maatje

mijn maatje

boototter

boototter
on a spot in the neighborhood

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stubbekøbing Sunday

This Sunday morning the first visit to town. It's a nice little town, and with the weather like it is what town would not be? Well, many. Small town like this have the tendency to slowly die. Unlike some even bigger ones over the country, Stubbekøbing of course has it's closed shops, but there still are many. Tourism of course helps, and there is only one brownware store left now for example, but there still are shops for the locals too. Walking around I discovered supermarket #4, a chain I usually visit only for their turkey saugages and the 15 liter garbage bags. Grin, just realising how weird that must sound to all, but it's a size we can't buy in NL, and using a Danish kitchen garbage system we have to import a year's stock ourselves each visit. This particular chain, Netto, however brings them in a quality so much better than the ones from the cooperative chain we buy our food..  And though the food generally is not like we want it, it must be better than the one we could use for convenience yesterday evening. That was the coop's reply chain to the German discount market that spread all over Europe, but you see it run down every year. 'It just takes 5 minutes' is their slogan, and that is long if you know where to find your stuff.  Fakta once was OK, but now it's lousy quality on the little choice they have. We instantly decided it would be the first and last visit, probably for future holidays as well.

It's so nice to type with the sun burning in your back, watching the butterflies and libels flying over the pond, seagulls floating the air, only sometimes hidden by a cloud same colour  but mostly clear and white against a blue sky. In the distance the ferry sailing to Bogø.
It's so nice and quiet out here. Besides the sound of some cars driving over the gravel on the frontside of the house, the soft blobbing sound of the ferry's diesel, it's birds and some busy wasps only.. There is so little wind even the leaves don't rustle.
Just today I suppose it will be that quiet. Tomorrow there might be some traffic: even though it is a 3digits road number only and on the map seems to lead to nowhere, it for some reason is a numbered road. Plus some sounds from the harbour nearby. It's not a world port, but there seems to be enough activity besides the marina.
Anyway, the sun turned around the house, and I moved with it. No table anymore for the netbook I read some chapters while watching the coots play in the pond. When the house casted it's shadow over that part of the deck it was time to prepare some things for tonight's dinner. That done, the sun now shines on the side deck, the nice looking lounge-type terrace furniture.

Today is season's last day for the ferry IDA to sail. It's off tourist season now, so only few will need to go from Bogø and Møn to Falster (where Stubbekøbing is to be found) or vice versa, where the bridge is that near. In season it is an essential link for two national cycling routes though, and there is no alternative (the bridge is part of the motorway).  For those who want to practice their Danish the full story of the ferry is here: http://www.vordingborg.dk/cms/site.aspx?p=11201.  It is not fair though. I prefer ferries over bridges,  country roads over motorways, and we are tourists...  Who told them the season is over; statistics??


Just found out I will have trouble posting pics. The PCcard-reader that I brought for M.'s notebook won't be recognised by the computer. The microA-A USB cable does not fit the camera. It should be a microB-A cable I think, those are that rare that I am certain not to find them in a small town supermarket, probably not even in the local electronics store that closes Sundays. Martin did not use  this camera in a long time, simply forgot to hand the cable over, and I did not check the plugs, thinking I brought all types needed. It will take some time, but the images will be there...  For the time being I'll try and upload new profile pics on facebook and skype to give some examples.
If I look troubled, it's because of the overdose of sun. Feeling happy here  :-D

No comments: